poelweg-neen

Quoted post

Zilverbeeker

#29 Re: Re:

2013-11-30 14:36

#25: - Re:

Excuse me replying in English...but I believe that everyone receiving a fine for driving the "wrong" way up Poelweg, in direction Overijse, has a case for challenging this in the courts. Simply posting a single "no entry" sign is not IMHO sufficient as an enforceable change. If Poelweg is to be changed from a primary route to a secondary, communal route then the indication of priority through markings on the road also needs to be changed. That means painting a solid line across Poelweg at the junction with Rozierensteenweg, so that traffic would see the need to turn left. Also, traffic using Poelweg towards Rosieres direction would have to stop or give way at that junction.

I wonder if all those who were fined could start a class action together?

I would also challenge the power of the gemeente to deny access to a road to its residents, who have paid for all that road through taxes, not just half of it.

I am also disgusted at the use of expensive police resources to watch over this badly implemented traffic scheme, when they seem totally unable to enforce the 30km/h limit along Meerlaan, where routinely I see cars driving 60-70km/h or more, not to mention the frequent cases of driving the wrong way along that one-way street (that was introduced for good safety reasons!!!).

I believe that if sufficient residents call for it, a special meeting of the gemeenteraad can be requested. Why not?

Lastly, I hope that we can find a political party in the gemeente that is willing to take up this cause on behalf of us aggrieved Overijse citizens, as whoever's decision this was needs to feel the impact at the next gemeente elections!

Reacties

Gast

#39 Re: Re: Re:

2013-12-05 14:31:20

#29: Zilverbeeker - Re: Re:

hello !

I've received my fine today. I'm wondering if I will go to the court of not...
May be as you say  we could start a class action together.

Please let me know (nad243@hotmail.com)