Stop Dennis Papegaaien Nu!!

Gast

/ #165 Disappointment and a letter to Dennis...

2015-10-09 23:22

As an expat living in the Netherlands I am grateful at the high standard of living this country has so graciously given me. When it comes to our companion animals, like dogs or cats, I've never seen a country take so good care of them, personally and legally, compared to a country such as the USA. When it comes to protecting an animal as sensitive and as intelligent as the parrot, however, the Netherlands, unfortunately, is still in the dark ages. Proof of this is the fact that Dennis Papegaaien is allowed to continue running a hack business of selling sick and/or dying parrots while also stealing money from people without any serious consequences. Just read the list of complaints against him on many websites! Why the hell is he still in business??? I appreciate this petition but have to wonder how effective it will be considering how much shit he has already pulled off and is still in business. Why aren't there people petitioning his business on a Saturday in front of his house handing out flyers to potential customers telling about the risks of buying a parrot from Dennis? Is this illegal to do here in NL? Or has it already been done? There's probably something about Dutch law that I don't understand, and quite frankly I don't want to understand if it allows someone like Dennis to continue doing what he does. A very wise man once said, 'What does it profit a man if he wins the whole world but loses his own soul." Dennis, if you are reading this I hope this quote manages to touch some part of that rock hard heart of yours so you can make amends with the animals and people you have so cruelly taken advantage of. Because of it hasn't already happened, you are in real danger of losing your soul. Yeah, laugh all you want, but you can't deny that deep down there is a place you can almost, but not quite ignore... It's a feeling of slight unease when you read this quote. That would be what's left of your soul talking to you, and you may find that you can no longer ignore it like you always have before. Success!