Petitie tegen de stopzetting van de 6 meertalige onderwijsproject

Maria

/ #226 Re: Bicultural yes, but than for everyone!

2011-06-05 12:53

#12: -  

Now, I do not understand such a fuss about stoping this project! It takes a lot of money that could be spent on regular eduction of all the children in Belgium! My children have heard/spoken three languages from their first day and not in school but at home. I have decided to leave my country for whatever reasons I might have, it is not up to my host country to maintain my cultural roots! First of all, the children of well educated parents will always speak their mother/father tongue properly, no matter what project this country offers. The others would not be able to go further with eductiona in their own country either!!! Those whose parents are not educated (enough) do not get a chance. That's it. Cruel but true! Look around you, how many Flemish/Walloon families from "lower classes" don't seee their kids get through technical or general high school? They don't even manage to learn a  profession (plumber or similar) because their parents aither have no school or are just of a poor intellectual capacity. Who helps them???? And last, but not least, why not than investing in Arabic education, Greek, Russian..... etc???? Why only Spanish, Italian of Turkish????

I am sorry if this is offensing anyone, but this is life! Some people do have children even though they cannot offer them any (educational) support. Those children would not have a big chance anywhere in the world, but I gues will have at least some love from their parents. If all those people stayed in their countries, what school would the kids go to?